lunes, 22 de abril de 2013
Spiritual Dump
From what I've read of Siddhartha, it's about a young boy who wants to find out the true meaning of the Atman. His father is a knowledgeable philosopher, called a Brahmin it seems, and he is becoming one as well.
Well then, my first pang of doubt and uninterest is the fact that Siddhartha is only a really young boy, he couldn't be this mature and wise. He doesn't seem to have any fun ever, and he's sucked up in finding out his spirituality. All in all, so far he's one of the blandest characters I've ever read about.
Second, he seems to dismiss anyone else's opinion because he's the wisest one apparently. When he decided to go with the Samanas, he didn't even ask for his friends' opinions, and he expects his friend to follow him around like a sheep. they don't describe Govinda at all and hes also extremely bland, as he has no personality, background or history at all. He just seems like Siddharthas sock puppet or something. When his father almost declined his decision to leave, he acted like a stubborn brat and waited there until he approved because of his worry and stress. He seems like he doesn't care abot his father at all, making him stay up all night just to let him leave. I don't see any personality in Siddhartha at all, except for the negative quirks he has like his stubbornness. I haven't gotten very far into the book, but from what I've read, he isn't a very likeable character so far, and this book is just like any other "learn about your spiritual self" books
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario